- 02 SEP Sabina Mihelj: Media Nations
- 05 SEP 5, 12 & 19/9: Doctoral course in Anthropological political economy
- 08 SEP Democratization, Cosmopolitanism, Nationalism and Populism in Europe – ten years after the European Union’s enlargement, 25 years after the fall of the Berlin wall and one week before the Swedish election
- 10 SEP A Dynamical Systems Approach to Modelling Human Development
- 11 SEP Presentation of doctoral thesis by Henriette Cederlöf: Alien Places in Late Soviet Science Fiction: The "Unexpected Encounters" of Arkady and Boris Strugatsky as Novels and Films
Research about the Baltic region and Eastern Europe
Research into the Baltic Sea region and Eastern Europe has a special position at Södertörn University. It is financed by the Foundation for Baltic and East European Studies, which is tasked with supporting research and third-cycle courses and programmes that focus on this field. Research is based at the Centre for Baltic and East European Studies (CBEES), where different disciplines and perspectives are gathered for the purpose of achieving deeper understanding of the change processes at work in the Baltic Sea region and Eastern Europe.