Printing and copying
As a student at Södertörn University, you use your SH-card for printing and copying. Other visitors can get a guest account for printing or borrow a card for copying.
Problems with printing or copying?
In case of technical problems with refilling your SH-card, printing or copying, please contact MedieCenter at the university.
Refilling your SH-card
As a new student at Södertörn University, you get your SH-card loaded with 20 sek for copying or printing. Then, you put money on your Sh-card via the Refill your printing and copying cardlink on the library website:
- Log-in with your username (suni\sh...) and the 4 digit PIN you use for the university photocopiers and printers.
- When you log-in your current balance will be shown. The minimum you can put on your card is 50 sek. You will need a bank card to use the refill system.The library Information desk has Nordea security code calculators, which Nordea
customers can borrow.
- In order to get a receipt, fill in your e-mail address at the bottom of the page.
If you are a Swedbank or SEB customer you will need to have registered your card with Verified by Visa before you can refill your card.
Prices for printing and copying
- Black and white, single-sided: 0.70 sek/side
- Black and white, double-sided: 0.50 sek
- Colour, single-sided: 2 sek/side
- Black and white A3-size, single-sided: 3 sek (collect A3-paper from the library Information desk)
- Colour A3-size, double-sided: 4 sek (collect A3-paper from the library Information desk)
Printing and copying
The library copying machines and printers are in room UB 515 on the 5th floor and in room UB 614 on the 6th floor. You also find printers in the southern stairwell on the 6th floor.
To make colour prints, choose printer ub614-s1. This is also a colour copying machine and it is placed in room UB 614.
All documents which have been sent to print, but not printed out, are removed from the printing system after 30 minutes.
More information about, for example, copying onto overhead projector sheets (OH-blad) or double-sided printing, can be found in manuals at the library Information desk. This is also where you can buy the overhead projector sheets that should be used in the library's printing and copying machines.
If you need to use the computers in the library, but do not have student log-in, ask for a guest account at the library Information desk. You will be asked to show valid identification. The cost for printing out, for a guest, is 2 sek/side and prints can be collected at the library Information desk. Only black/white prints (A4-size) are possible with a guest account. The library accepts card payments only.
You can borrow a guest copying card from the library Information desk. The copying machines are in room UB 515 and i room UB 614. The library Information desk accepts card payments only. The prices for copying are:
- Black and white, single-sided: 2 sek
- Colour, single-sided 4 sek/side
- Black and white A3-size, single-sided: 5 sek (collect A3-sheets from the library Information desk)
How to save documents
When you are working on the university's computers, documents saved on the computers' "Desktop" or in "My Documents" are deleted when you log out. We recommend that you save documents on to a USB-memory stick or in your e-mail account.
University computers can be locked, if you need to take a break, but following twenty minutes of inactivity you will automatically be logged out and any unsaved documents will disappear.